- 2 cups navy beans
- 1/2 pound bacon diced
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 green onion diced
- 1 jar mushrooms (4-8oz)
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 16 oz beer of your choice. (I like to use Samuel Adams, but it's good with any kind of beer you like)
- Wash beans and soak overnight.
- Simmer beans for 1-2 hours in same water as you soaked the beans with.
- Drain beans but reserve some of the water.
- In a casserole dish combine the beans, bacon, onion, molasses, salt, pepper, mushrooms, green onion, ketchup, brown sugar.
- Add as much of the beer as you like. I just use one can or bottle. Then use the reserved bean water until there is about 1/2 inch of liquid above the beans.
- Cover top with foil.
- Bake at 350 degree's for 3-4 hours. Add more liquid if necessary.
2 can's of Bushes baked beans
Simmer for 20-30 minutes on stove-top; stir occasionally to make sure you don't burn the bottom.